Before starting on your rank
all scouts must complete.the requirements for Bobcat first.
Third graders make up the Bear rank in Cub Scouting. 8 years old.The Bobcat badge is earned before the Bear Rank.
Bear Cub learns:
1. Learn and say the Scout Oath, with help if needed.
2. Learn and say the Scout Law, with help if needed. 3. Show the Cub Scout sign. Tell what it means.
4. Show the Cub Scout handshake. Tell what it means.
5. Say the Cub Scout motto. Tell what it means.
6. Show the Cub Scout salute. Tell what it means.
7. With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent's Guide.
Bear Badge Requirements
Rank advancement is awarded when each Scout has done the following:
1. Complete each of the six required adventures.
• Baloo the Builder
• Bear Claws
• Bear Necessities
• Fellowship and Duty to God
• Fur, Feathers, and Ferns
• Paws for Action
2. In addition to the six required adventures listed above, complete at least one
elective adventure of your den's or family's choosing. There are 9 Elective Adventures in the Bear program:
- Grin and Bear It
- A Bear Goes Fishing
- Bear Picnic Basket
- Critter Care
- Marble Madness
- Roaring Laughter
- Salmon Run
- Super Science
3. With your parent, guardian, or other caring adult, complete the exercises in the
pamphlet How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent's Guide.
4. Watch the Protect Yourself Rules video for 3rd Grade, Bear. (The video is located at https://vimeo.com/325064786 and can be watched on-line or downloaded and viewed off-line.) OR Earn the Protect Yourself Rules Preview Adventure for Bear.